Spor Repor is a light-hearted/satirical sports news media website dedicated to covering the area known as Cascadia (British Columbia, Washington, Oregon).
Spor Repor produces a form of journalism known as comedic journalism. Similar examples to Spor Repor’s type of content include Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update, The Daily Show, Last Week Tonight, and that one other popular show on Comedy Central that went off the air a few years ago. What was its name again…
Spor Repor offers a variety of different content that spans the spectrum of comedic journalism ranging from satire to parody to dry humor and everything in between. Nonetheless, Spor Repor still prides itself on abiding by standard journalism practices and ethics.
Here are some examples of the type of content you might find while surfing our site.
- Scores From Around Cascadia: Your daily fix of scores from Cascadia’s sports teams; ranging from the pros to the minors.
- Parody and Satire articles based around current events in the world of Cascadia sports.
- News stories pertaining to legitimate and factual news (albeit we might throw in a riff or two).
- Editorial pieces that don’t fit the mold of news, parody or satire. Written in a light-hearted tone more often than not.
- Culture articles that often step outside the world of Cascadia sports and further give Spor Repor a unique identity compared to other outlets.
Another feature you can find on the Spor Repor that’s not Cascadia-related is the Logo-Pedia, the largest active collection of sports team logos online in terms of unique teams.
Spor Repor also houses an expanding library of podcasts that cover a wide array of different topics. 7th Day Stretch recaps a weeks worth of Cascadia sports news in a laid-back fashion. Sports Otaku Podcast reviews shows from the sports anime genre and how they interest with topics inside the sports world. Sofa Supporters Group reviews TV, movies and basically anything that you can consume while sitting on a sofa.
We hope you enjoy our site. If you’d like to contact us, visit our Contact Us page to leave us your thoughts.
Mark Patrick Lavis
Founder, Spor Repor